Monday, November 02, 2009

Tour de Donut

Time to kick November off with the first ride. Vanessa and I did the Tour de Donut. It consisted of a 55 mile route or a 30 mile timed event where you get a 5 minute time credit for each donut you eat. I opted for the 55 mile route. I started off early in the group and worked as a ride marshal. I got into a couple really good groups. The first 30 miles I had over a 21 mph average. I got in with another group for the next 10 miles and continued with a 20+ average. Around mile 40 I reached my limit and could not keep with the group any more. Time to slow down and do my ride. This was also the point when the wind was more of a headwind. The last 17 miles was significantly slower then I had been riding, but I was still able to finish with a 19.6 mph average. Not bad for almost no mile in the month of October.